Wednesday, July 10, 2013

When the going gets tough....

This week my husband is out of town, and I'm home with the three kiddos (7, 5 and 6 months).  I usually begin weeks like this with some reservations (insert "All By Myself" solo....).  I can feel the stress rising in my chest.  

But when the going gets tough....the tough get trusting.  Jesus always has a way of lightening the load when we give our worries to Him.  He gets me through each day, and at the end of a crazy day of running around town, the "quick" trip to the grocery, three meals and three snacks for all, cleaning the kitchen for the zillionth time; I settle down on my couch and I realize, it all went well.  I (mostly) had peace.  I still have three living children.  My house didn't burn down. We made it through.

Psalm 37:23 says "The Lord directs the steps of the Godly.  He delights in every detail of their lives.

I love that verse.  In every detail (changing the exploding diaper, asking the kids to "work it out" AGAIN, the "quick" trip to the grocery store) He delights in it all.  And He is with me through it all.

I was born for this.  I was born to be housewife for Jesus, a wife, a mommy of three, a friend, a leader.  And I can trust in my God to see me through.

No comments:

Post a Comment